Why I Love My Yard!

We've been so blessed over the years with the fun wild life in our area. Sometimes blessed, sometimes they've just freaked us out!! Right Casey??




























This mama hummingbird has made a nest here by the front door for the past few years. This was the first year that they've actually hatched and we had 2 babies. They leave a huge mess and, frankly, I think I'll take the hook down so she can't nest there again! Hummingbirds are mean and I don't really like them! I even took the hummingbird feeders down so hopefully they'll go next door and eat at Jayne's house. She'll take care of them!















Oh, my sweet Cooper! Always bringing me gifts! Note the freshness of the product as well as the eagerness in his loving eyes! He's my boy! Tiny tidbits like this are the reason we have to lock the cat door and he has to ask to come in or go outside.
















Both of these happened on the same day...Random..

We were in the front yard and this butterfly wouldn't leave Ches alone. Guess he smells sweet like nectar! It was pretty funny!




Then we went into the back yard and rescued this little cutie from the mighty hunter. Yes, Cooper Cat strikes again! We took him to a vet's office and they said they'd get him to the right people that would hopefully raise him and let him go somewhere.


Mighty Cooper Cat strikes again! What a fierce guy!














In fact, he's so fierce that when I woke up one morning, he was facing off with this deer in our back yard. Protecting me once again! He proceeded to chase, yes chase, him out of the yard. My hero!














"Charlotte" entertained us for an entire summer! Every night she would spin an awesome web on our trellis then in the morning she would wrap it all up. As expected, she laid eggs, they hatched, she died. Just like in the story. It was sad.
















Another one of Cooper's prizes. A water rat the size of him. Ick! It was disgusting!
















And, last but not least, a baby snake that has made his home by the water faucet so he can scare me daily. Things are never dull!

1 comment:

Dannon said...

i love these!! i've never seen the deer or snake pics before!