Father's Day Album

I guess there's something to be said for being a packrat! I've always been so sentimental I can never throw away a card or a letter. The other day when I was preparing for a yardsale, I ran across a box with old Father's Day & Birthday Cards for my husband from my girls. They're especially sweet since my girls are now grown. So, the yard sale is on hold and I'm putting them together for Ches for a Father's Day Gift.



Ches has always been an amazing dad and the girls have always been in love with their daddy. The picture of Ches holding Dannon in the bottom left was on Father's Day in 1988. On the right we see Casey with her "suzie/saucie" and a very young, tan, skinny version of me!















Skip a few years and we added Shelby on the left. The photo on the bottom has him with Casey & Dannon and some random kids at the pool! This card is probably from 1991.















Shelby has always been such a sweet letter & poem writer. This was the year I began scrapbooking as I decided to take her picture after she fell off her skateboard. I feel bad now but it is a great pic!


Ah...Dannon has a crazy fun personality and always blessed us with portraits of ourselves!















....more Shelby sweetness!















This picture is from Casey's first day of 5th Grade...1996. :) And that year Ches got the prized gift of coupons! You know the, "One Free Hug", "One Week Of Coffee In Bed", I don't know when he's going to redeem them but it will be good!















A day at the soccer fields...Dannon's sporting her uber-cool look....And Shelby proclaims Ches as the "Best Dad In The Universe!" What a title!















Another set of coupons for Dad from Shelby. 1997.















Great photo of Ches being so patient in a house full of girls! These were the mullet years...1997 & 1998.















Ches as Shelby's soccer coach and various photos of the two of them. Note the note! One of those great apology notes for waking up Dad. It still happens every Sunday...















I think this was in 2001. We went on a cruise to Mexico!















The girls are growing up. Dannon is getting ready to leave for YWAM, Casey's graduating from High School and Shelby is becoming a beautiful young lady~2003~















Boys have entered the picture...Casey is married and we're 40!
















Father's Day 2005.

Ches spoke at church and it was such a blessing!
















Father's Day 2006

Ches still qualifies as "Super Dad" once in awhile!
Shelby going to Homecoming!


















Casey and Michael


















Dannon and Mike.


















A blip through the years from infant to married.

4 comments:

Mike and Dannon said...

I love these!! Are these all of them or are you doing more? They are so sweet.

What size is it again?

Trinka said...

What a great album Lisa...I am sure your hubby will love it.

imanewbierunner said...

Your hubby is going to love this! What a great memory keeper you are. The quote about boogers from Casey is hysterical.:)

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet and cute idea Lisa. I'm sure he will love it!

Shannon :)